6U Pony Rules
1. Each game is 6 innings. Time Limit 1:20, 12 batters hit per inning or 3 outs whichever come first. Run Rules: 15 after 4, 10 after 5 (team with minimum of 12 players will hit only the number of players per roster per innings)
2. A coach for the team batting pitches to his batters and coach catcher for Division.(or the defense of team may choose to have a player catcher but needs to have proper catcher gear on)
3. The coach will pitch 5 pitches for the 6 under divison. If the batter is unable to hit the ball after 5 pitches then the batting tee should be placed on Home plate and the batter hits off of the tee and will have 3 chances to hit if not successful after 3 attemps then is an out.
4. If a child is tagged out or is forced out at a base cause he over-ran the bases, then the child goes to the dugout and does not stay on the base he will be call out.
5. lf the batter hits a Fly ball and goes over the outfield cones is a Home Runs, if the ball lands on outfield grass in front of the player, player will need to throw the ball into the infield and call time out. Outfielder cannot call time-out.
6. lf the batter hits a ball on the infield dirt as line drive or rolls onto the outfield grass without the outfield having possession and passes the cones , it will be a ground rule double. ( last batter in the inning is Live need to make an attempt to get him out or throw the ball in the infield to the bases where the runner is running to or beyond)
7. There is no stealing or leading. Bases are 55 feet. The team in the field can have 1 coach in the infield the rest of the coaches on the outfield to help position the players.
8. Runners on the bases can advance on an overthrown ball only of field #5 against the fences on First and Third base only. players will need to posses the ball and call time-out on the field.
Players may not Advance on Overthrown to 2nd bases
Example : runner on first base, batter hits ground ball to shortstop, shortstop throws ball to second baseman, but ball rolls past second baseman; runners stay on first and second and do not advance to second and third. Example 3. if runner is on 3rd bases with last batter batting and the infield caught the ball and call time out the runner on 3rd bases score if you get the out the run doesn't count. ( runner is giving a base if a overthrown ball over the fences, or trees only field #5.) Field #6 due to the fact it doesn't have a fence runner will stay on the base. will not be giving a bases for overthrown ball.)
9. Parents and spectators need to conduct themselves properly at all games and practices. If a parent or other individual is being unruly or offensive, the coach whose team the child is on should immediately speak with the parent regarding that parent's behavior. The League Commissioner should be notified of the situation. Before the season, all coaches should discuss with the parents the Code of Conduct that is expected of them at games and practices from SMYBL.
10. In the event of a cancellation, each Manager will be responsible to contact the League President within a reasonable time, 2 weeks.
11. No players may sit on the bench for two consecutive innings while their team is on defense. You may play all 12 players but only 6 can play in the infield everyone else in the outfield, Except for injury or disciplinary ejection, Fielding substitutions may be made during the inning.
Umpire/League Control Policy
1.In the event of a cancellation during the regular season, due to team request each Manager will be responsible to contact the League Commissioner Coordinator within a reasonable time or 2 weeks. (during Playoffs every team will have abide by the league playoffs schedule unless cancel due to Bad Weather or field Conditions Only)
2.Prior to the commencement of play, the Managers, or a designated coach, from each team will be introduced to the Umpires.They will be the only individuals able to discuss or appeal any call made by an Umpire.
3.Coaches for respective teams have responsibility to lead players by example at all times both on the field and in the dugout.Each team coach is responsible for control of his coaches and team.
4.First warning for disruptive or argumentative coach, parent, or spectator name taken.
5.Second warning rejection (report to League President and Commission for appropriate suspension).
6.Failure to leave the park after ejection will result in police call.